Tuesday, December 8, 2009

11 hour work day

It's snowing here in Utah like a joke, and I've been working since 8 am. I close tonight at 7 with my lovely boss Carrie Bosch. She's basically my second mother, she'd do anything for me, and I'd do the same. I've worked at the same pharmacy for amost 3 years. And everyone has grown on me. We argue like family and we get along like family. I couldn't ask for a better work enviroment. Even though sometimes it gets beyond stressful and I always say "I'm so done, I'm putting my 2 weeks in, This is ridiculous" I always come back for more. We have some very odd people that come in here...I couldnt tell you names because I could go to jail for it, and its WAY against the HIPPA code, but there are some nut jobs out there. We've got some close customers that are nice, and always easy to work with...Then theirs those complicated people that scream and want things now, now, NOW! It gets kinda stressful when people are like that and start mouthing off. It takes every ounce of energy for me to hold my tongue and not jump over the counter and pounce on them like a black shiba. But it gives me fun stories to tell my friends, and family. And I work across the hall from the pediatrics so the little munchkins come in. Little kids say the funniest things. They're so ruthless, and outspoken. I wish everyone was more like that still. I think there wouldnt be as much drama in teenage life as there is. Everything would be out in the open..."So, there's no easy way to say this, but I would really like if you'd stop trying to get with this boy that I'm kinda "dating". See ya around!" If you were to say that these days, you'd be known as a "b-word". Which, I didn't think was too bad. My Aunt Kim says thats the biggest compliment you can get. If people talk behind your back then it just shows how much people wish they were you. I kind of found that funny, even if it wasn't true. I'd still believe that people who talk bad behind someones back usually has a run in with Karma...and I've heard she's a real bitch. I'm not saying I've never had a run in with her, who hasn't? If you say "oh, I've never, ever, ever, said anything behind someones back." I'm calling you out. You lie like a dog, and you know it. I think that somedays you can't help it and just say something you didn't really mean. Which is probably the worst thing I think you could do...Yelling hurtful things that you don't mean usually comes back and bites ya in the ass. Or Karma will pay a visit. So I'll leave ya with a lil' helpful hint: Don't judge. You'd hate to be judged so why do it to others? Constructive critisism is another thing, but be practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment